Tuesday, November 10, 2009

How many hours were we in that car???

****OK,,, so I am on my little computer and haven't installed my photo software so I can't resize the images i want to put in this entry. Bummer... so I'll have to do that when I have time to download some software.*******

Today we left Norfolk ( pronounced Nor Fork), NE and headed west and north to end up in Hot Springs, SD. Along the way I got to see some "wide Open" spaces... was really neat! We first stopped at a Cabela's store which was neat... this is just some of the taxidermy on display...




Next we went to see... The Bad Lands.. which was very awe inspiring... there is nothing like this anywhere else... some places are depressions into the ground and some of these plataues are high up in the air like small mountains... they have red bands in them. Very neat...




Then we went to a place called Wall Drug... I was like,, what??? It is a really cool place,, in SD... that started out a small drug store and now it is a block long... really neat... I bought some souvenirs there. I guess it is packed in the summer. Here is what some of it looks like...



Next it was arrive at Mt. Rushmore it was getting to dark so I did some shopping there and then took some photos when the lights came on. It was really awesome to see. This is one of my best ones....




Finally we arrived in Hot Springs to spend the night in a Holiday Inn Express and couldn't find the hotel... so Vern called her hubby and he helped get us there. They really need to mark this better. OYY!!


So it was an all day thing in the car, and tomorrow will be the same! We will be off to see more sites tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip, looking forward to seeing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your fun photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you've got pictures.. that one of mount rushmore is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete