Sunday, March 21, 2010

Of thing forgotten but want to be remembered

It seems like spring has sprung around here and I am really happy about it. It is rather odd though we didn’t get our usual St. Patrick’s Day snow storm, which makes me leery that there may be one more nasty snow to come, I am hoping not but one never knows with PA weather.
This time of year usually inspires me to get things done. I guess it is that whole nesting thing but I feel I don’t have enough time. I’m sure I do but just don’t use my time wisely. There are so many things I say to myself, “I want to get to that later” but later never comes because I forget what it was I was going to “get to.” I need to make a list of all these things I need to do and work on marking them off and being more focused.
I have the whole project declutter to work on also, 45 min. a week doesn’t seem to be a hard thing to do… as a matter of fact I’m sure I waste far more than that A DAY! My friend Cathy was here and helped me focus. I love her for that, she comes and makes me focus and pushes me to keep going till it is done. I tend to get a bit sidetracked. So with her help I have managed to clean off my computer desk, filing cabinet and scrapbooking dresser in my dining room and I love the look of it all cleaned off,,, it however needs dusting badly.
I wish I could find that focus that Cathy has she is amazing and I so wish I was like her. She gets so much done she reminds me of a that cartoon character Taz, who whirls around!
I have so many projects to get done. I think I am going to use the rest of the day to tidy the house and focus on the clown costume I’m making for a friend. It is coming along. I have the top and bottom almost done now all I have to do is sew the snaps on the collar and I think I might have to go buy some not sure I have any here and I also need to hem the top that finishes them so all that is left to make is the skirt with the giant pockets. Last time I worked on it I didn’t wear a mask because I forgot how sick I get when I breathe those fibers that the serger cuts. I am all better now and I so don’t want to go back there. If I can get this stuff out of my house it will remove some more “stuff” that is just sitting around.
I also think that my whole lack of creativity has something to do with needing to get so much done and I feel stifled because it is distracting. I am slowly working on getting the scrapbooking stuff all organized. HA! I’m thinking that won’t ever be really done but it would be nice to know where most of my stuff is so I can spend more time scrapping and less time looking.
Time is up I need to get ready to go back to work I should have a couple haircuts here in any min. now.
Helpful hint for today…lay a place mat over your computer keyboard to keep the keys from getting dusty.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I wish you lived around here! I took myself off to the barber last week -- had been meaning to all winter -- and had all the mess hacked off. Now it looks as if I colored my hair, since most of what went was gray.

    ReplyDelete