Sunday, November 18, 2012

What's New??

I love that question... I ask my clients that when I see them for cuts and such,,, or run into them at the store. I also ask old friends I haven't seen or talked to in a while and while it is such a basic 2 word sentence it sometimes reveals some very very shocking and interesting information.  

I know that I have done my own share of shock when people would ask me that and I would nonchalantly reply, "my address" and "facebook status."  Ok I never really said the whole facebook status thing but most didn't know how to take the new address thing.  Or I would say, "I'm almost divorced." The really bad thing about that is I hate sensationalism; however I would word the answer to that very question in hopes of just that! Yeah I'm bad.  

Although most everyone now knows the situation or has some sort or idea, and are one of two things.. supportive or quiet.  I prefer the former but still having a few issues with my brother and my dad they still haven't gotten over it and are rather standoffish which is better than saying things to make me feel horrible which don't change anything they just hurt incredibly bad. The funny thing is they are the only 2 having a problem. 

For example... I am so excited about Thanksgiving because I have been talking to the kids (I talk to Kay most every night) about the holiday and Kay told me that Don didn't really want to go to Jill's this year,,, so I said I would talk to them (meaning Don and Paul) about it soon.  I talked to Paul this morning and ohh my gosh,, we had a nice visit... and he told me Don was thinking of having Thanksgiving dinner there but he didn't know the particulars.  

I'm thinking ohh nice,,, so I called Don and he said yep he would like to do that and eat around noon, I was like whaa whooo I didn't think I would get a thanksgiving dinner with my family as I have to work and I thought they would go over to Jill's and they are eating too late for me to get back and get to bed.  So I will be making my squash stuff and baking it and making a pumpkin roll and taking it out with me Thanksgiving morning and spending the morning with them and after dinner coming home to bed the kids are wanting to go to Jill's afterwards and Don happily laughed and said,, "and I will stay home and watch football!" 

So this year I am very very thankful for my family the whole dang thing!  I am super excited I will get a Thanksgiving dinner with my immediate family and still get to be home at a decent time to sleep for work!  And my kids want to spend time with my family's holiday too!  OHH By the Grace of God my Life is Good!!!!  

I hope everyone else is going to have the kind of holiday that is wonderful for them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment